Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Krzysztof Chmielewski <kr...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/07 21:31:03 UTC

Creating custom connector lib - dependency scope

Hi all,
I was wondering, when implementing a custom Flink Connector that will be
later used as a dependency for other projects, whether dependencies to
Flink like:
flink-core
flink-runtime
flink-table-common
flink-table-api-java-bridge flink-java
etc...

Should be in scope provided in the connector's pom.xml or it does not
matter if they are in default scope?

Regards,
Krzysztof Chmielewski

Re: Creating custom connector lib - dependency scope

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
They should be set to provided so that they are not bundled into the
user-jar.

You can also take a look at the connectors in the Flink repo to see how
they handle dependencies.