Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Max du Prel <md...@leveld.de> on 2001/05/02 16:36:05 UTC

Re: Dreamweaver 4 and Slide

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> - Cadaver (doesn't work at all)

Hint: Cadaver needs either a living connection (which is not
provided by Tomcat 3.xxx) or the content length header being
set (which is not provided by your WebDAV servlet) to do it's
job.

Hope this helps,
Max
--
Level of Detail GmbH
Brunnenstr.196

Re: Dreamweaver 4 and Slide

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
> >
> > - Cadaver (doesn't work at all)
> >
> Hint: Cadaver needs either a living connection (which is not
> provided by Tomcat 3.xxx) or the content length header being
> set (which is not provided by your WebDAV servlet) to do it's
> job.

TC 4 provides a keepalive connection (is that's what you meant by "living")
so it should be fine with Slide running with TC 4 (but it isn't). The XML
generated by Slide is quite similar to what is generated by TC 4's internal
WebDAV support, which works ok with Cadaver.

Besides, not setting the content length and closing the connection (to
indicate te length of the response) is legal in HTTP. I think it's a bit
strange that it's not supported by Cadaver.

Remy