Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Yeeswara Nadapana (HCL Financial Services)" <Ye...@hcl.in> on 2008/03/04 11:33:39 UTC

Problem with Page pooling

Hi,

I am using Tapestry 5.0.7 for my application. On my menu bar, I put some
links with <t:pageLink>. I have put some links under <t:if> conditions
so as to check the Login status.

Problem is::: When I was not logged in, some links doesn't show up,
which is CORRECT. Now, I logs in and can find those links. Now, when I
click on a link which I clicked prior to Loggin in, I will get the page
from Tapestry POOL and cannot see those links under <t:if> conditions
even logged in. Please suggest me a way to solve this. Or shall I have
to disable page pooling for this.

Thanks and Regards

Yeeswara N

****

This mail is transmitted to you on behalf of HCL Technologies.

Diese Post wird Ihnen im Namen der HCL Technologies ubermittelt

****

DISCLAIMER:

Re: Problem with Page pooling

Posted by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com>.
What does your "isLoggedIn-logic" look like?
do you persist the state that tells if a person is logged in or not?
if possible, please show the parts of the code that handle login-logic.

This is definitely not some problem due to page pooling.

Posted by Chris Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
If you can, you should paste some code. What you're saying sounds like a
logic problem, but it almost certainly has nothing to do with page
pooling. Page pooling has to do with created instances of your page
classes. These instances do not retain any kind of cached state. Instead
the relevant rendering and/or component event methods are executed
freshly on each request. Even when you use an ASO or a persistent field,
those members are not tied to that instance of that page. Instead they
are tied to the client's request (session) and read by the page class on
each request.

chris