Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2012/05/01 19:25:48 UTC

ForkParser and Metadata

Does anyone know whether ForkParser expected to return the Metadata
back from the child process...?

It seems not to now: when I run TikaCLI -m --fork, I seem to get no
metadata (but if I don't specify --fork, I do).

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: ForkParser and Metadata

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently the ForkParser doesn't return metadata, though adding that feature
> shouldn't be too difficult. My original use case didn't need metadata, so I
> never implemented that bit.

OK, thanks Jukka.  I'll open an issue so we can track it...

The metadata added to the XHTML output anyway, so really this is not
such a big limitation.

Re: ForkParser and Metadata

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,