Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Nagamani Bangaru <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/15 16:53:23 UTC

Apache PDFBox - Web integration

How to integrate Apache PDFBox into jsp and submit filled form?
I am able to display PDFBox pdf in jsp page in IE browser, but I couldn't
submit form.
Please advise, how to submit filled pdf form using jsp and save it to the
database?

Thanks

Re: Apache PDFBox - Web integration

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 15.07.2020 um 18:53 schrieb Nagamani Bangaru:
> How to integrate Apache PDFBox into jsp and submit filled form?
> I am able to display PDFBox pdf in jsp page in IE browser, but I couldn't
> submit form.
> Please advise, how to submit filled pdf form using jsp and save it to the
> database?

So you want to display a PDF in a browser and have people edit the form
like in PDF? There is nothing out of the box, you would have to use the
PDF rendering as background and then create HTML / javascript forms of
the same size and position. You can get size / position by opening the
PDF, getting the acroform, getting the field tree, and then getting the
widget(s), which are the visual representation of the form.

Have a look at PrintFields.java example in the source code download to
see how to access all this.

This is a short text, but it's likely rather complex to do. The better
thing would be to tell the user to upload the finished file.

Tilman