Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by SpriCoder <sp...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/07/05 09:54:25 UTC

The structure of distribution

Hi all,

Currently, we have confignode and datanode folder in the distribution. Which has conf, sbin, and will store the default folder of data and system. And there is a need to refactor distribution structure.

I think there are two choices:

1. remove the confignode and datanode folder, and combine their script and configuration files into the conf and sbin under the root. In this way all folder generated by confignode will be put into config folder, and all folder generated by confignode will be put into data folder.

2. use confignode and datanode folder to manage their script and configuration files, like: confignode/sbin, confignode/conf, datanode/sbin, datanode/conf, etc. In this way all folder generated by confignode will be put into confignode folder and all folder generated by datanode will be put into datanode folder.

What's your opinion? Looking forward to your reply.

Best,

Hongyin Zhang

Re:The structure of distribution

Posted by Yongzao Dan <53...@qq.com.INVALID>.
I think choices 2 might be better, because this helps distinguish ConfigNode from DataNode Best,

Yongzao Dan

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------

Posted by Haonan Hou <hh...@qq.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

I have a question.

If users would like to extend a standalone IoTDB to cluster, is it a good idea that
separate standalone and datanode to different directories?

Best,
Haonan Hou

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
if we use the structure 2, the binary release name
"apache-iotdb-{version}-bin-all.zip" should be changed
(to "apache-iotdb-{version}-bin-cluster.zip". As the structure does
not fit the singleton release version.

The start-server.sh (or start-new-server.sh) script should also be
removed. It will be confused that
why I need to use "datanode" or "confignode" if I want to just use a
start-new-server

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

SpriCoder <sp...@qq.com.invalid> 于2022年7月6日周三 17:08写道:

Posted by SpriCoder <sp...@qq.com.INVALID>.
Get it!

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From:                                                                                                                        "SpriCoder"                                                                                    <spricoder@qq.com&gt;;

Posted by 周钰坤 <zy...@gmail.com>.
I think the choice 2 is better, since configNode and dataNode will be
deployed separately and multi-replica means the dir will be copied.

SpriCoder <sp...@qq.com.invalid> 于2022年7月6日周三 12:04写道:

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Apart from the start-server.sh, The start-cli.sh is also weird in datanode folder.

Besides, we may have start-all.sh in the future. There may need a sbin in the parent folder.

Jialin Qiao

Posted by SpriCoder <sp...@qq.com.INVALID>.
I think maybe the binary name can still called&nbsp;"apache-iotdb-{version}-bin-all.zip" if we add standalone folder to store our singleton version?
├── confignode&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── conf&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── data
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── ext&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── logs&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;└── sbin ├── datanode&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── conf&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── data
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── logs
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;└── sbin
├── standalone
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── conf&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── data
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── logs
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;└── sbin

├── lib
As for the second question, I think maybe we can add sbin folder in root folder to hold cluster-related scripts like:
├── sbin
├── confignode&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── conf&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── data
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── ext&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── logs&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;└── sbin ├── datanode&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── conf&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── data
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── logs
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;└── sbin
├── standalone
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── conf&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── data
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;├── logs
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;└── sbin

├── lib

What's your opinion? Looking forward to your suggestion!

Best,

Hongyin Zhang

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From:                                                                                                                        "SpriCoder"                                                                                    <spricoder@qq.com&gt;;

Re: Re: The structure of distribution

Posted by Guanfei Guo <gu...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+3 for Choice 2

Thanks.
Guanfei Guo

From: HW-Chao Wang
Date: 2022-07-06 15:57
To: dev
Subject: Re: The structure of distribution
choice 2

Posted by HW-Chao Wang <57...@qq.com.INVALID>.
choice 2

Posted by gaoyang <45...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1 for Choice 2

Posted by SpriCoder <sp...@qq.com.INVALID>.
lib folder is a single one under root folder like:
├── datanode
├── confignode

├── lib

From:                                                                                                                        "SpriCoder"                                                                                    <spricoder@qq.com&gt;;