Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Dominic Evans <do...@uk.ibm.com> on 2014/11/04 18:18:35 UTC

Re: clang-format for proton-c ?

Rafael Schloming-3 wrote
> I like the gradual migration concept. I do use git-blame / git-annotate
> enough for a wholesale changeover to be problematic.
>
> Is there an easy way to see what the actual diffs are so we have an idea
> of
> what the various format policies actually mean?

well installing clang-format-3.5 is probably the best way to browse them
locally
clang-format-3.5 -style=chromium messenger.c && git diff | $EDITOR
git reset --hard messenger.c
# repeat

alternatively I've posted the full set (for messenger.c):
--style=chromium http://apaste.info/tXd
--style=google http://apaste.info/k0a
--style=llvm http://apaste.info/hVq
--style=mozilla http://apaste.info/Glb
--style=webkit http://apaste.info/3jx
--style=file http://apaste.info/iCd

Re: clang-format for proton-c ?

Posted by Dominic Evans <do...@uk.ibm.com>.
Dominic Evans wrote

> Rafael Schloming-3 wrote
>> I like the gradual migration concept. I do use git-blame / git-annotate
>> enough for a wholesale changeover to be problematic.
>>
>> Is there an easy way to see what the actual diffs are so we have an idea
>> of
>> what the various format policies actually mean?
> well installing clang-format-3.5 is probably the best way to browse them
> locally
> clang-format-3.5 -style=chromium messenger.c && git diff | $EDITOR
> git reset --hard messenger.c
> # repeat
>
> alternatively I've posted the full set (for messenger.c):
> --style=chromium http://apaste.info/tXd
> --style=google http://apaste.info/k0a
> --style=llvm http://apaste.info/hVq
> --style=mozilla http://apaste.info/Glb