Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/08 07:36:26 UTC

Karaf Maven Plugin / NoFileAssignedException

Hello.

I'm trying to make a POC for refactoring old projects running today on
Red-Hat Fuse, and thus using its Fabric8's profile system for
deployment.

Karaf features seem to be a good alternative, but I have some issues
that are already reported about NoFileAssignedException on install
operations. I've found a workaround using an old install plugin. So I
have some questions...

Is there a fix of the Karaf plugin or some special configuration to
avoid using old install plugin versions ?

Do you know if the same issue will happen with deploy operations (not
tested yet with my POC) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Re: Karaf Maven Plugin / NoFileAssignedException

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

For sure !

I had the problem when my maven project was configured with packaging
"feature", as explained in the maven plugin documentation : no main
artifact is provided, and the recent install plugin failed with this
exception. Some posts said to switch to an old install version 2.5.2.

I've changed my pom.xml to "pom", and add an execution block to the
karaf feature plugin, and now everything is working nice, using
default plugins versions.

Thanks.

Regards.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.