Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Nicolas Paris <ni...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/22 16:30:56 UTC

RUTA: create own extensions

Hello

My goal is to create a RUTA custom extension that would do in my own UIMA pipeline:
(DateDifferrenceInMonth(Timex3.timexValue, "2018-03-22") - 6 )  {-> DateSixMonthBeforeNow}
*where Timex is an annotation from heideltime for eg

Then I have tried to begin with the examples extensions, and this
tutorial: https://stackoverflow.com/a/22067299/3865083

As stated in the last paragraph, if I want to use this extension in
eclipse, this might be complicated to import all dltk toolkit.

Then as a first attempt I just tried to implement both ExampleCondition and
ExampleConditionExtension and added the
new String[]{"org.apache.uima.ruta.example.extensions.ExampleConditionExtension"}
to the
RutaEngine.PARAM_ADDITIONAL_EXTENSIONS
of my own pipeline.

As a result, when I introduce the ExampleCondition in a ruta script, I get a
org.apache.uima.ruta.extensions.RutaParseRuntimeException
"(": expected WILDCARD, but found LPAREN

Then, I am missing something ?

Thanks for all,

Re: RUTA: create own extensions

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

that should actually work just fine as you described. The exception
indicates that the keyword for the condition is not known.

I'll try to reproduce the problem and get back to you.

Best,

Peter

--
Peter Klügl