Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Vijay Sukthankar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/13 12:02:37 UTC

what should user@jclouds.incubator.apache.org return

Hi,

I have been using devstack for few weeks now and stumbled on this issue
which  need to clear for my understanding..

I have configured devstack and I am able to create instance etc. Using the
nova APIs I have am able to list-images etc.
I can also do
                    #nova availability-zone-list
which returns

*Name    Status

*
*nova       Available*

When I try to get the zones  from jclouds

        ComputeServiceContext context = ContextBuilder.newBuilder(provider)

.credentials(username,password)

.endpoint(endpoint)

.buildView(ComputeServiceContext.class);
        compute = context.getComputeService();
        nova = context.unwrap();
        zones = nova.getApi().getConfiguredZones();

I get a ResourceNotFoundException..I have attached the complete details in
the gist below..

My question is if I  available-zone-list returns valid value, should I get
the same from getConfiguredZones() and if yes, why does jclouds APIs
returns ResourceNotFoundException.

https://gist.github.com/vksuktha/431d8c2188894f47217

--
Regards
Vijay Sukthankar

Re: what should user@jclouds.incubator.apache.org return

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
> then if I start an Instance, I am able to list the servers using jclouds
> listInDetails(),
>
> Dont know the real reason of this failure earlier..

Curious indeed, but glad to hear things are working!

ap

Re: what should user@jclouds.incubator.apache.org return

Posted by Vijay Sukthankar <vi...@gmail.com>.
I guess the issue was more of keystone service but not sure of that. I exec
few keystone commands and things started working..I am able to List from
jclouds the configuredzones(), which as Lau says returns "RegionOne" and

Posted by Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vijay Sukthankar <vi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> {"error": {"message": "The resource could not be found.", "code": 404,
>> "title": "Not Found"}}
>>

> Then what jclouds is seeing is not surprising - we may be using an
> incorrect URL. Could you first of all try
>
> http://10.0.2.15:5000/v2.0/**tokens <http://10.0.2.15:5000/v2.0/tokens>(lowercase "v2.0")

<error message="The resource could not be found." code="404" title="Not
Found"/>

> ? And could you then try to run that cURL command *from the machine on
> which OpenStack is running*, to see if this could be a proxy issue?

I have installed devstack in all-in-one-vm so whenever I am running all the
commands, I am doing it from the VM where Openstack/devstack is installed.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vijay Sukthankar <vi...@gmail.com>.
I carried out the test as suggested and I get this below msg

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vijay Sukthankar <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.