Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/18 16:59:51 UTC

LayoutManager for JSF / Myfaces

hello all,
 i was wondering if any of you guys are using any particular LayoutManager
toggether with JSF..
 i am using Tiles, but i wanted to move away and try to use something
else...
 what layoutmanager / template mechanism are you using? any particular
suggestions?
 thanks in advance and regards
marco

Re: LayoutManager for JSF / Myfaces

Posted by Boris Kovalenko <bo...@tagnet.ru>.
Hello!

	I use facelets (https://facelets.dev.java.net). IMHO it is more
powerfull and more simple to understand then tiles. But Facelets is not
only tool for templating but usefull for simple jsp/jsf/pure_html
integration.

Marco Mistroni wrote:
> Hello,
>     well, i am trying to move away from declaring tld files.. and
> althought it's not a problem, i want
> to avoid to include the struts.jar just to use tiles
> i tried to use only tiles.jar, but i was not able to find any tiles.jar
> that contains TilesServlet......
>
> thanx for comments
> regards
>  marco
>

> On 11/18/05, *Julián García* <jgarcia@unionsoluciones.com.co
> <ma...@unionsoluciones.com.co>> wrote:
>
>     I am also using tiles. Why do you want to move?
>     Although I do not use it, I think SiteMesh would be worth a try....do
>     not know how to integrate that with MyFaces...
>     http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/
>
>     Marco Mistroni wrote:
>      > hello all,
>      >  i was wondering if any of you guys are using any particular
>     LayoutManager
>      > toggether with JSF..
>      >  i am using Tiles, but i wanted to move away and try to use something
>      > else...
>      >  what layoutmanager / template mechanism are you using? any
>     particular
>      > suggestions?
>      >  thanks in advance and regards
>      > marco
>      >

With respect,
	Boris

Re: LayoutManager for JSF / Myfaces

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
ah, i got it from different site........ mayb that will do..
 thanx again
 marco

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.

SV: LayoutManager for JSF / Myfaces

Posted by Kasper Hansen <my...@zizi.dk>.
Hi,

I got expirences with SiteMesh and Myfaces – it can be integrated. But you
need to be careful when setting SiteMesh up!

It is important that the SiteMesh filter is first in the web.xml

And then the Extension filter for myfaces can be registered. This is because
of the filter chain (you know the cycle?)!

See the example below…

                      <filter>

                          <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter</filter-cla
ss>

                      </filter>

                      <filter-mapping>

                          <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>

                          <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

                      </filter-mapping>

                      <error-page>

<exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>

<location>/errors/index.jsp</location>

                      </error-page>

                      <context-param>

<param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>

<param-value>client</param-value>

                      </context-param>

                      <context-param>

<param-name>javax.faces.application.CONFIG_FILES</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml</param-value>

                      </context-param>

                      <!--  Faces Servlet -->

                      <servlet>

                                            <servlet-name>Faces
Servlet</servlet-name>

<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

                      </servlet>

                      <!--  Faces Servlet Mapping -->

                      <servlet-mapping>

                                            <servlet-name>Faces
Servlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>

                      </servlet-mapping>

                      <servlet-mapping>

                                            <servlet-name>Faces
Servlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>

                      </servlet-mapping>

                      <!-- Listener, that does all the startup work
(configuration, init). -->

                      <listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</lis
tener-class>

                      </listener>

                      <filter>

                      <filter-name>ExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

                                            <filter-class>

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter

                                            </filter-class>

                                            <init-param>

<param-name>uploadMaxFileSize</param-name>

<param-value>10m</param-value>

                                            </init-param>

                                            <init-param>

<param-name>uploadThresholdSize</param-name>

<param-value>100k</param-value>

                                            </init-param>

                      </filter>

                      <filter-mapping>