Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Francis Dallaire <fr...@ubisoft.com> on 2014/08/11 15:43:15 UTC

Catch the kill to nimbus from within the topology

Hi !

I was wondering if it would be possible to catch the kill sent to nimbus from within a topology to do something before stopping.

The use case :

I'm using Trident with release 0.9.2. I would like to be able to do :

1)      In a bolt, see that the topology got killed and then perform a particular action on the messages.
Or

2)      In the spout (ITridentSpout), be able to emit additional information

Thanks,

Francis

[siganture_ubi]

Francis Dallaire