Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Skinner, Dallas M" <da...@eds.com> on 2001/05/08 00:01:58 UTC

Servlet Tag

I hope that this is not off topic but I can find nowhere else to ask the
question.

I'm trying to use the <SERVLET> tag in a static html page causing the page
to run the servlet as a server side include.  I'm running Apache as my
webserver.  I've turned SSI on in my Apache configuration file.  In fact, I
am able to use #echo to throw the date back.  I have my .shtml file in
/apache/htdocs.  I have my servlet in
/jacarta-tomcat-3.2.1/webapps/examples/web-inf/classes.  The .shtml file is
properly served by Apache and renders everything but my servlet output.  I
can also directly call my servlet and see its output.  Does anybody know
what I may be doing wrong?  Attached below is the contents of my .shtml
file.

Thanks in advance.

<HTML>
	<HEAD>
		<TITLE>
			Including Servlet Output in HTML
		</TITLE>
	</HEAD>
	<BODY>
		<H1>
			Servlet Output is between the lines
		</H1>
		<HR>
		<SERVLET CODE=/examples/servlet/TestServlet
		</SERVLET>
		<HR>
		<HR>
		Echoing the DATE_GMT <!--#echo var="DATE_GMT"-->
		<HR>
		<H1>

		<H1>
	</BODY>