Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2004/04/06 00:17:46 UTC

[site] next generation (was Re: [Vote][all] migrate top level...)

Height restriction is now in place in the project.css for any img tags
in the banner, they are limited to a maximum height of 100px.

I've also swapped out the Jakarta logo currently in use of the 100x350
Original Jakarta Logo. This fits well with the other Commons Logos which
are 100x300, this means that we should verify that all commons logos are
100x300, this a compromise to reduce the amount of conversion that may
occur as the original Jakarta commons logo is 100x300 and most of the
site logos generated from it are also that very same size (or smaller).

I'm preparing to make a layout switch and link test sometime early this
week on the main site.

-Mark

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 10:35, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> Yea, I've been pushing for about 80x360 for each image, which gives
> about 80px for margins, slider, toolbar etc at 600x800.
>
> -Mark
>
> Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> >
> > On 3-Apr-04, at 21:28 Uhr, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> >
> >> 800x600 is, in my book, a tolerant lower end for the site layout. We are
> >> not suggesting that people can't view the site at/under 640x480, just
> >> that the minimum width of the site (and thus the appropriate width for
> >> the images in the banner) is 800px
> >

> > Be careful that a screen width of 800 is not going to give you a
> > browser-pane width higher than 760. I would honestly lower this till 600
> > or even 500... whitespace is kind of sane for mind I believe (and I
> > generally have my browser windows being half-screens).
> >
> > paul

Mark R. Diggory
Software Developer - VDC Project
Harvard MIT Data Center