Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Matt McCline <ma...@microsoft.com.INVALID> on 2020/10/22 19:23:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] Hive 3.2

Hey,
Hive master is about 2 years ahead of 3.1 - it seems like time to release those changes.
So, let us have community discussion about creating a Hive 3.2 release.
I volunteer to be the release manager. I have not done that before, so I will need help.
I will start a VOTE thread soon, but I would like to hear some opinions first.

Thank you,
Matt

(It is unclear if there are enough major features or dependencies on projects that necessitate a major version bump)

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: [DISCUSS] Hive 3.2

Posted by Matt McCline <ma...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.
Hi László,

Thank you for your response.

Since 3.1.3-rc0 was tagged on Jan 13 there are 3156 commits in master more than in this tag. I mostly wanted to address the huge number of changes in master.
We could do a 3.1.3 release with a modest number of changes, and a 3.2 with perhaps many or all of the 3,000+ changes in master.
What do you think?

Matt

Posted by László Bodor <bo...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, posted incorrect link for 3.1.3-rc0, the correct is:
https://github.com/apache/hive/releases/tag/release-3.1.3-rc0

Re: [DISCUSS] Hive 3.2

Posted by László Bodor <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hey!