Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/23 06:51:45 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release R10

Hello all,

I would like to call for a vote on the Dependency Manager toplevel release R10.

The following issues were solved:

** Bug
    * [FELIX-5630] - NullObject is created for a required dependency
if the component is removed and added again to the dependency manager
    * [FELIX-5636] - Component of aspect service does not have any
service properties anymore

** Improvement
    * [FELIX-5619] - MultiProperyFilterIndex memory consumption
    * [FELIX-5623] - Improve performance of ComponentImpl.getName method
    * [FELIX-5650] - Support latest version of Gogo
    * [FELIX-5653] - Simplify DM-Lambda samples

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/dependencymanager/release/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:

    sh check_staged_release.sh r10 /tmp/felix-staging

This script, unlike the original Felix check_stage_release.sh, is specific
to the new Dependency Manager release process (see FELIX-4818) and will
download staging from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/felix instead
of http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories.

To rebuild the DM binaries from the source, you can then refer
tohttps://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/dependencymanager/release/
resources/src/README.src

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Many thanks;

regards;
/Pierre

Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release R10

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bram for reporting this issue. Some binary dependencies are missing
in the r10-deps:

cnf/nonosgi-repo/hamcrest-core/hamcrest-core-1.3.0.jar
cnf/nonosgi-repo/junit/junit-4.11.0.jar

As a work around, the above jars could be copied manually from felix-trunk,
but since no one already voted, It is better if I cancel this release, and
I will fix in the next r11 version.

-1 (binding): the dm r10 binaries can't be rebuilt from the sources.

regards
Pierre

Posted by Bram Pouwelse <br...@pouwelse.com>.
-1 (non binding)