Posted to users@camel.apache.org by nishat <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/28 17:41:56 UTC

Dynamic routing for backend micro services

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement where my application is acting as a gateway and receive
the viewid from the calling application. My application has to use this view
id to get the endpoints for rest services form the database. The DB url keep
changing so i have to be in sync with them.
Also i have to pre-process and post-process the headers and body before
sending and receiving data form backend endpoint.

- How can i create dynamic endpoints with this information in DB?
- I see recipentList pattern but how can i pre-process and post-process the
body of the message?

Kindly help.

Re: Dynamic routing for backend micro services

Posted by nishat <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thabks for the response.

The problem is that I have to do something

from direct foo
   to bean pre process
   recipient list *process message for each endpoint in recipient list and
then process response from each end point and then aggregate all responses*
   to bean post process

I don't know how to do the bold part.on above sequence. Also
My routes are not static they have to be generated from the endpoint's
stored in db.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You can do a route that does

from direct foo
   to bean pre process
   recipient list
   to bean post process

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 7:41 PM, nishat <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> I have a requirement where my application is acting as a gateway and receive
> the viewid from the calling application. My application has to use this view
> id to get the endpoints for rest services form the database. The DB url keep
> changing so i have to be in sync with them.
> Also i have to pre-process and post-process the headers and body before
> sending and receiving data form backend endpoint.
>
> - How can i create dynamic endpoints with this information in DB?
> - I see recipentList pattern but how can i pre-process and post-process the
> body of the message?
>
> Kindly help.

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus