Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org> on 2007/03/19 07:04:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Request for Input: ApacheCon SSL Training

Dear list,

As I prepare my training session title "Practical SSL Implementation
with Apache" for the upcoming ApacheCon EU conference, I would like
to take a moment and request your feedback.

http://www.eu.apachecon.com/program/talk/120

If you were to attend a half day training session on SSL and Apache,
what would you like to see covered?  I will be discussing, among
other topics:

*) Configuring Apache httpd as an SSL server, starting with a
    practical configuration and building from there
*) A concise discussion of the cryptography behind the whole
    thing, to provide context
*) Working with Certificate Authorities and Public Key Infrastructure
*) Client-side Certificate Authentication
*) Integration of SSL with application code

In doing my research I see that there is a lot of half-valid, well
hidden information out there on the various topics and I'd love to
present it all in one place at the training.  I'll have to see what I
can squeeze into a half day--I could talk for days about this stuff
and still not be done.  Any recommendations regarding the material or
where the emphasis should be?  Holes I need to fill?  Suggestions are
welcome privately or to the list.

Thanks,

Sander

RE: [users@httpd] Request for Input: ApacheCon SSL Training

Posted by Chirouze Olivier <ol...@volvo.com>.
Hi Issac, thanks for the info.
I'll read the RFC carefully.
Regarding mod_ssl, a quick look at the FAQ doesn't seem to prove it's
supported: http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#vhosts
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts

Could you give more information about potential mod_ssl supporting name
based vhosts? I suppose the FAQ could be out of date...

Thanks,

Olivier

Olivier CHIROUZE
I&0 Infrastructure