Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "David.Meldrum" <da...@verizon.net> on 2008/11/10 21:24:51 UTC

URL Mapping behind a router

I am deploying my tomcat server behind a router.  I have the router port
forwarding working and I can hit the top index.html page fine.  My
problem is that when I try to redirect to a JSP's or html page.  Tomcat
changes the url address from the original which was really the routers
name to the localhost's name, which will not work from outside the LAN.

Example:
router name:             MyName.org
Tomcat host name:  Server

So from the outside a URL like  http://MyName.org:8080/  goes thru the
router and lands on Server:8080  as it should and things work fine.  Now
within the application there is a redirect to:  /project/MyJSP.  Tomcat
rewrite this as:
http://Server:8080/project/MyJSP, but it needs to be:
http://MyName.org:8080/project/MyJsp.  In other words Tomcat is changing
the URL to be the name of the server (as defined by the OS), not the
original URL.

My server.xml contains:
  <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="MyName.org">
     and
  <host name="MyName.org"  appbase=webapps"
</host>

Any ideas where I am going wrong?
-d

Re: URL Mapping behind a router

Posted by "David.Meldrum" <da...@verizon.net>.
As Gilda Radner would say NEVER MIND!  I had some absolute paths in my
hrefs instead of relative paths.  Shame on me!
-d