Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/16 20:37:26 UTC

Metrics

I've enabled TimeStampingFileContext in
/etc/hbase/conf/hadoop-metrics.conf however nothing is being outputted.
I've check the logs but I don't see any configuration errors. How can I
test that I've configured everything correctly? Any Ideas?

Thanks

Re: Metrics

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.
- To have HBase emit metrics,
edit|$HBASE_HOME/conf/hadoop-metrics.properties|and enable metric
'contexts' per plugin.

The only way it actually works is I append the configuration to
*hadoops* hadoop-metrics.properties.. not hbases hadoop-metrics.properties.

Re: Metrics

Posted by Sam Seigal <se...@yahoo.com>.
I think that is expected:

Re: Metrics