Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Paul Copeland <te...@jotobjects.com> on 2009/03/17 00:11:41 UTC

Postgres supported versions

I would like to use Postgres 8.2 (latest 8.2 minor version is 8.2.13).

The openJPA manual lists Postgres 8.1.5 as a supported database in
Appendix 2.

The openJPA reference guide section 4 Database Support says "OpenJPA can
take advantage of any JDBC 2.x compliant driver" and then points to the
table that list Postgres 8.1.5 as an "offically supported database".

How do I determine if Postgres 8.2.13 is going to work "out of the box"
with openJPA?

TIA - Paul

Re: Postgres supported versions

Posted by Paul Copeland <te...@jotobjects.com>.
Thanks.  Your persistence.xml settings are a great help.  I'm using
Postgres 8.2.13 because other applications have not yet moved to 8.3.
However, I decided to use the most current Postgres JDBC driver that is
supposed to be compatible with Postgres versions 7.2 and later -
postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar -

More info here - http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

Posted by Judes Tumuhairwe <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Copeland <te...@jotobjects.com>.
Thanks.  Are you using OpenJPA 1.2?  What postgres JDBC driver are you
using?

 From the manual it looks like by default the property

Posted by Judes Tumuhairwe <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Copeland <te...@jotobjects.com>.