Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by "Gordon Mohr (archive.org)" <go...@archive.org> on 2006/01/27 22:45:18 UTC

The Nutch mailing lists used to hosted at Sourceforge; however recently trying
to access an archived message via a link that used to work got me a "Permission
Denied" message.

Via the Sourceforge project page, no lists are shown:

   http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=59548

Are these archives lost forever, or is there a way access could be reenabled
while still directing new subscribers to the @lucene.apache.org lists?

- Gordon @ IA

Posted by "Gordon Mohr (archive.org)" <go...@archive.org>.
Access works now, thanks! (Search at SF.net seems flaky, though -- simple
searches that bring expected results at mail-archive.com give nothing or
abbrieviated results at SF.net.)

Also, I misinterpreted the mail-archive.com robots.txt... it is crawlable,
though neither G nor Y go very deep.

It's good to know SF makes full archive dumps available on your request.

- Gordon

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.

Posted by "Gordon Mohr (archive.org)" <go...@archive.org>.
Doug Cutting wrote:
> The Sourceforge archives are still there, just hard to find, e.g.:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=nutch-developers

When I visit that URL, I get:

# Permission Denied
#
# Access to this page is restricted (either to project members or to
# project administrators) and you do not meet the requirements to access
# this page. Please contact the administrator of this project for further
# assistance.

So, perhaps permissions should be loosened for general access.

> These lists are also archived at mail-archive.com:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-developers%40lists.sourceforge.net/

This works, thanks.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.