Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Noel <RN...@westwoodone.com.INVALID> on 2024/02/08 20:28:47 UTC

RE: [EXT]Re: [EXT]Re: jakartaee-migration-1.0.7 migration tool failure

No I cannot compile from command line.

But I do not really care how eclipse compiles my class anyway.
All I know is that eclipse compiles the class without errors. Using the jars I tell it to. (all the jars run through the migration tool)
But Tomcat 10 can not compile the class using those same migrated jar files.

And my class has no use of javax.server  classes in it.
All the javax.server classes are only in the third part jar files which are supposed to have been converted to use  jakarta.server classes

Is this not a bug with Tomcat migration tool?

Again here is my class that does not compile on Tomcat 10...........
It has no reference to  javax.server

package com.radiovoodoo.xmlrpc;

import java.io.IOException;
import java.net.MalformedURLException;
import java.net.URL;

import org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException;
import org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcRequest;
import org.apache.xmlrpc.server.AbstractReflectiveHandlerMapping.AuthenticationHandler;
import org.apache.xmlrpc.server.XmlRpcHandlerMapping;
import org.apache.xmlrpc.server.PropertyHandlerMapping;
import org.apache.xmlrpc.webserver.XmlRpcServlet;

import com.radiovoodoo.util.Log;

/**
 * @(#)RVXmlRpcServlet.java
 *
 * new XmlRpcServlet, which extends the default Apache XmlRpcServlet
 *
 * @author  Hank Zill <hz...@radiovoodoo.com>
 * @version 1.0
 *
 * Copyright(c) 2005 RadioVoodoo, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 */

public class RVXmlRpcServlet
   extends XmlRpcServlet
{
   /**
    *  this init parameter defines the path to the property file from
    *  which to load the XML RPC handler mappings.
    *
    *  the path is relative to the CLASSPATH
    */
   public static final String RESOURCE_PATH = "property-file-path";

   protected XmlRpcHandlerMapping newXmlRpcHandlerMapping()
      throws XmlRpcException
   {
      PropertyHandlerMapping mapping = null;

      /* String resourcePath = getInitParameter( RESOURCE_PATH );

      if ( resourcePath == null )
      {
         throw new XmlRpcException( "No property file defined.  This servlet must have the init-param " + RESOURCE_PATH + " set." );
      } */
      String resourcePath = "somefile.properties";

      URL url = null;
  	  try {
		url = getServletContext().getResource( resourcePath );
	  } catch (MalformedURLException e1) {
		throw new XmlRpcException( resourcePath + " " + e1 );
	  }

      if (url == null)
      {
         throw new XmlRpcException("Failed to locate resource " + resourcePath );
      }
      try
      {
         mapping = newPropertyHandlerMapping(url);
      }
      catch (IOException e)
      {
         throw new XmlRpcException("Failed to load resource " + url + ": " + e.getMessage(), e);
      }

      if ( mapping == null )
         Log.debug( "HandlerMapping is null" );
      else
      {
         String[] methods = mapping.getListMethods();

         for ( int x = 0; x < methods.length; x++ )
         {
            Log.debug( "method: " + methods[x] );
         }
      }

      mapping.setAuthenticationHandler(new AuthenticationHandler() {
        //rick removed override annotaion so this class will compile on java 1.5
		//@Override
		public boolean isAuthorized(XmlRpcRequest arg0) throws XmlRpcException {
			return true;
		}
      });

      return mapping;
   }
}

Rick Noel
Systems Programmer | Westwood One
RNoel@westwoodone.com

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 09/02/2024 16:26, Rick Noel wrote:
> Thank you so much Mark for working with me on this issue!
> I am taking your recommendation to create a   webapps-javaee directory and place my Tomcat 9 running war file into
> that dir so that Tomcat does the compile correctly.
>
> Only problem is that now I cannot figure out what is the correct URL path to my servlet!
>
> When I place the .war, the old way with the .war  being in  webapps/transaction,    my tomcat cat log says.......
>
> Deploying web application directory [C:\apache-tomcat-9.0.73\webapps\transaction
> And I see my application at
> C:\apache-tomcat-9.0.73\webapps\transaction\ROOT##0001
>
> And I can hit my servlet via.......
>
> http://localhost:8588/XmlRpc

That is all very non-standard.

What I would expect to see is:

foo.war deployed to $CATALINA_BASE/webapps/foo.war and then accessed at
http://localhost:port/foo

In server.xml what do you have configured for the Host's appBase ? Is it
"webapps/transaction" ?

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.