Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Hashim Khan <en...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/11 08:20:38 UTC

query processor memory

Hi,
    I want to evaluate different triplestores for throughput, based on
queries-per-second. I have to test Jena Fuseki TDB for different sizes of
real and synthetic benchmarks, but I am interested to know the relationship
of 'query processor memory' and throughput. I mean that, what parameters
should I change in order to try Fuseki with different resource (memory,
processing) combinations. I will be waiting for your suggestions.

Best Regards,
*Hashim Khan*

Re: query processor memory

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
There aren't a log of controls.

TDB uses the OS file system cache for indexes so the size of the machine
is what determimers resources. For the Java heap, don't set it too big
or the OS won't get space for the filing system cache.

The node table cache can be controlled with "store params" - but usually
isn't; very uncommon not to use the defaults.

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/tdb/store-parameters.html

(TDB1 and TDB2)

     Andy