Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2017/09/08 02:04:43 UTC

Re: [FlexJS][Installer] Logistics (was: Future packaging of FlexJS releases)

I was about to start on this in the Ant scripts which got be thinking
about how Apache wants source packaging to correspond to binary packaging
via a build script.  IOW, I don't think it is right to change the current
binary packaging script to package up binaries from flex-falcon unless we
also start packaging flex-falcon sources in with the flex-asjs sources.
And then create a complicated build script for all of those sources.

I'm currently thinking that the best plan is to continue to ship
flex-falcon artifacts like we do know and have our Ant build script bring
in the flex-falcon artifacts as upstream dependencies.  So that will still
be more than one release vote thread (one for flex-falcon, one for
flex-asjs) but also gives us the opportunity to release compiler fixes
separately from the AS framework.  But more interestingly, I think it will
mean that you can use your flex-asjs working copy as an SDK in Flash
Builder and other IDEs which might help folks.

Thoughts?
-Alex