Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ray Martin <Ra...@aci-hq.com> on 2001/11/30 22:43:49 UTC

.../WEB-INF/classes

using two different machines - one running Windows 2000, the other Solaris
2.8.
i do the "how to write a porlet" discussion.
i place the HelloWorldPortlet in WEB-INF/classes and register the portlet
with jetspeed-config.jcfg.
the portlet does its thing on the Windows box - says hello and appears in
the customizer.
the Solaris 2.8 machine - nothing - no hello, no HelloWorldPortlet in the
customizer.

i may be screwing up here - this could well be a Tomcat issue and i am
asking my question in the wrong forum - or worse yet a Unix problem - then
i'm really gonna be embarassed.

not to cross forums, but just for a little more information - Turbine and
Cocoon2 stand up on the Windows box, but neither stand up on the Unix box
(this is what makes me believe that my problem is not a Jetspeed issue).

i am running catalina on both platforms passing in 'run' on the command
line but no '-security'.