Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Charles Lin (charlin)" <ch...@cisco.com> on 2017/06/06 00:28:55 UTC

Re: Recording stops due to HSTS

Yes, have removed old and installed new cert, but still does not work

On 5/25/17, 6:56 AM, "Philippe Mouawad" <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hello,
    Did you try Felix proposal ? If so could you give some feedback?

    did you add the JMeter Certificate to your browser (and remove old one)  :
    http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP(S)_Test_
    Script_Recorder
    See:
    Installing the JMeter CA certificate for HTTPS recording

    Thanks

    On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Felix Schumacher <

    > Am 22. Mai 2017 20:52:12 MESZ schrieb "Charles Lin (charlin)" <
    > charlin@cisco.com>:
    > >Hi all,
    > >
    > >I have the same problem.
    > >
    > >I’ve done this HTTP Recorder over 1.5 year ago and no problem
    > >
    > >But now I do the same, and have imported (installed) the proxy cert
    > >generated by jmeter into Firefox, but I am getting the same warning
    > >about site using HSTS and cannot add exception
    >
    > The security measures in modern browsers get tighter each year. It might
    > be possible, that the browser you used last time was configured less secure.
    >
    > Which site have you tried? Can you look at the headers it sends? It might
    > send some public key pinning header.
    >
    > More information might be helpful.
    >
    > Regards,
    >  Felix
    > >
    > >From: Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>
    > >Date: Monday, May 22, 2017 at 10:03 AM
    > >To: "user@jmeter.apache.org" <us...@jmeter.apache.org>
    > >Subject: Re: Recording stops due to HSTS
    > >
    > >Am 12.05.2017 um 11:21 schrieb Amarendra Darisa:
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I am trying to record a transaction but hit a page which says is using
    > >HSTS. It doesn’t allow me add an exception. As i am on mac, i double
    > >checked the jMeter cert permissions again which seem to be fine. Please
    > >suggest how to get this issue resolved. I am doing this on mac with
    > >chrome browser.
    > >Have you imported the generated JMeter testing certificate into your
    > >browser? I had no problem accessing the site through JMeter's proxy
    > >(when I imported the cert  ApacheJMeterTemporaryRootCA.crt from the
    > >bin/ directory)
    > >
    > >Regards,
    > > Felix
    > >

    > >[cid:image001.png@01D2D2F1.D87FC850]
    > >
    > >- Amar

    Cordialement.
    Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Recording stops due to HSTS

Posted by Lily Nguyen <lo...@gmail.com>.
I had the same issue with JMeter 3.2 , using Chrome.  I got it resolved by
invoking Chrome from command line with flag --ignore-certificate-errors
...This would get rid of the "Your connection is not private" error and i
was able to record normally after installing the certificate everywhere.

Good luck!
--Lily,

Virus-free.
www.avg.com