Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Oakley, Craig (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <cr...@nih.gov.INVALID> on 2020/07/01 19:42:25 UTC

RE: CDCR stress-test issues

For the record, it is not just Solr7.4 which has the problem. When I start afresh with Solr8.5.2, both symptoms persist.

With Solr8.5.2, tlogs accumulate endlessly at the non-Leader nodes of the Source SolrCloud and are never released regardless of maxNumLogsToKeep setting

And with Solr8.5.2, if four scripts run simultaneously for a few minutes, each script running a loop each iteration of which adds batches of 6 records to the Source SolrCloud, a couple dozen records wind up on the Source without ever arriving at the Target SolrCloud (although the Target does have records which were added after the missing records).

Does anyone yet have any suggestion how to get CDCR to work properly?

Posted by "Oakley, Craig (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <cr...@nih.gov.INVALID>.
Yes, I saw that yesterday.

I guess that I was not the only one who noticed the unreliability after all.

FYI, CDCR support, as it exists in Solr today, has been deprecated in 8.6.
It suffers from serious design flaws and it allows such things to happen
that you observe. While there may be workarounds, it is advisable to not
rely on CDCR in production.

Thanks,
Ishan

Re: CDCR stress-test issues