Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Mike Hearn <m....@signal.qinetiq.com> on 2002/11/15 10:51:43 UTC

Exception in org.apache.xindice.core.DocumentCache$CacheKey.equals

Hi,

This problem is driving me nuts at the moment. I'm building a web app
based on Xindice, but for some reason I often get (at seemingly no
predictable time) an exception with the following trace:

DEBUG>
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.DocumentCache$CacheKey.equals(DocumentCache.java:171)
        at java.util.WeakHashMap.eq(WeakHashMap.java:248)
        at java.util.WeakHashMap.get(WeakHashMap.java:340)
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.DocumentCache.getDocument(DocumentCache.java:79)
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.Collection.getDocument(Collection.java:711)
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.Collection.putDocument(Collection.java:624)
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.Collection.insertDocument(Collection.java:659)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.CollectionServant.insertDocument(CollectionServant.java:317)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.CollectionPOA._invoke(CollectionPOA.java:181)
        at org.openorb.adapter.poa.POA.dispatch(POA.java:975)
        at
org.openorb.net.AbstractServerRequest.dispatch(AbstractServerRequest.java:750)
        at
org.openorb.net.ServerManagerImpl.serve_request(ServerManagerImpl.java:1467)
        at
org.openorb.net.ServerManagerImpl.thread_pool_main(ServerManagerImpl.java:1410)
        at
org.openorb.net.ServerManagerImpl.access$200(ServerManagerImpl.java:77)
        at
org.openorb.net.ServerManagerImpl$PoolThread.run(ServerManagerImpl.java:1557)

I feel this has to be a bug in the server, but I have no idea what could
be causing it. Does anybody have any ideas? I have to get this solved
soon.

ps: this is a resend, if nobody has any idea, could I at least get a
reply so I know somebody saw it?

thanks -mike

--
Mike Hearn <m....@signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ

RE: Exception in org.apache.xindice.core.DocumentCache$CacheKey.equals

Posted by Matt Liotta <ml...@r337.com>.
Are you using 1.0 or the latest CVS version? I believe I have seen this
problem before and I believe it was fixed after 1.0.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.montarasoftware.com/