Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Ouyang, Landon - ES/RDR -Gil" <La...@itt.com> on 2008/04/11 02:11:21 UTC

New user here

Hi,

I am a new user of Commons SCXML. I have two very basic questions:

1)      How much of the W3C specs for SCXML is supported with Common SCXML? Are all of the tags recognized?

2)      Basing my code off of the simple stopwatch example, I created a simple Java app that navigated across 10 states. I noticed that if I put any code in the state handler methods that fires off events to transition to other states, the application still thinks I am in the *previous* state! For example, if I am in the state 5 subroutine and fire off an EVENT_NEXT event to go to state 6, the app actually keeps me in state 5 because it still thinks I am in state 4! Is it true that the state machine transitions *after* the handler for the new state is called? If so, how do I put custom code so that the state can make transition decisions based on certain conditions?

--
Landon Ouyang
Member Technical Staff

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Re: New user here

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
I'll reply to the other email, thanks for changing the subject :-)