Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net> on 2005/04/27 08:06:20 UTC

dedicating client ports

Hi all;

now after I got tomcat to serve SOAP to our testbed client (thanks to all
around here who pointed me out how to get SOAP to work with tomcat),
I am stuck with a more "practical" detail of handling SOAP connections
within tomcat context.

Situation: The client that shall connect to our server in the future is
about to create two SOAP connections, one for session control and
one for accessing business logic. For that, the clients initially
connects to the session control logic and expects to in return
get a port number (and eventually a host name, if on a different
server) where to connect to the business logic server.

Question: Is there an easy way to, within axis/tomcat, create a
SOAP service listening on a different port than the tomcat server
itself? Basically, I like the idea of having session control and business
logic communication on different logical connections, but I'm not
completely sure yet how to get such a setup done with tomcat.

TIA and bye,
Kris