Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Angelo Matarazzo <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/09 19:10:08 UTC

forgot password and email password

I suppose that
in security.properties
password.encrypt=true
and my username is "matarazzoa"

I suppose that an ofbiz user knows my username and
in this screen
https://demo904.ofbiz.org/ordermgr/control/forgotPassword
put my username matarazzoa and click "email password".

Ofbiz system will  change my password in userLogin entity and will send this
new password to my email address

Has another user changed my password????

Am I right?

Thank you.

Re: forgot password and email password

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Angelo,

I don't think OFBiz currently prevent any DDOS attack. And you may know that in some case it *very hard* to prevent them anyway...
It's not the goal of OFBiz to prevent DDOS attacks, but I agree that in this peculiar case we could do better (sending a
confirmation email sounds like the better method, we could use captcha also, etc.)
Feel free to open a Jira issue under https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1525 using all the relevant comments from this
thread. Of course, as ever, a patch would be highly appreciated...

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Angelo Matarazzo" <ma...@gmail.com>

Posted by Angelo Matarazzo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Mike ,

From: "Mike Rose" <mx...@mutsys.com>

Posted by Mike Rose <mx...@mutsys.com>.
Jacques,

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
An alternative method could be sending a mail with a link that let the
user to have access to the system or just to the change password
feature.
May be something similar to the ExternalLoginKey.

In such a way the password cannot be changed by other people but the
one that can access to the registered mailbox.

-Bruno

From: "Angelo Matarazzo" <ma...@gmail.com>