Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/24 03:30:10 UTC

[2.x] HELP with Java SCA 2.0 first milestone release

In the past couple days, there has been a big concentration of efforts
and various discussions around distribution and sample structure.

I'd like to mention that there are various other areas that are in
need of help :
   - Finish bring-up of WS binding
   - Verify the current status of RMI binding
   - Policy clean up
   - Java-SCA-2.0-M1 JIRAs

It would be great if we people could help on these other areas as well.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [2.x] HELP with Java SCA 2.0 first milestone release

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully brought up binding.rmi in trunk. Three modules and two
> samples are added to the build:
>
> * binding-rmi
> * binding-rmi-runtime
> * host-rmi
>
> * calculator-rmi-reference
> * calculator-rmi-service
>
> BTW, I also enabled the distribution-ejava to contain these pieces.

Great, thanks Raymond.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> In the past couple days, there has been a big concentration of efforts
>> and various discussions around distribution and sample structure.
>>
>> I'd like to mention that there are various other areas that are in
>> need of help :
>>   - Finish bring-up of WS binding
>>   - Verify the current status of RMI binding
>>   - Policy clean up
>>   - Java-SCA-2.0-M1 JIRAs
>>
>> It would be great if we people could help on these other areas as well.
>>
>> --
>> Luciano Resende
>> Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk
>> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
>> http://lresende.blogspot.com/
>
> Luciano
>
> Sorry I didn't get to this until now.  I think we should decide on the list
> of samples we want to ship and fix the extensions to make that possible.
> Here's a suggestion
>
> implementation-java-calculator
> binding-rmi-calculator (directory holding what was
> calculator-rmi-reference/service)
> binding-ws-calculator
> host-webapp-calculator
> launcher-equinox-calculator (was calculator-equinox)
> mvn-osgi-junit-calculator (was calculator-osgi)
>
> I took the liberty of playing with the names to tie the samples more closely
> to what they are showing. Of course this is just an idea,
>
> Any more we should include or any we should omit?
>
> This means we have to get the following extensions working over and above
> what is there already.
>
> binding.ws
> binding.rmi
> host.webapp

What is your feeling about binding.ws and host.webapp ? Will we get
something reasonable ready by end of this week ? Otherwise I was
thinking that we should get them in a M2 release, and try to shot the
milestone release cycle.

> I had started looking at the binding.ws issues but please dive in anyone if
> they have space cycles.

Please get us updated with your progress.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.