Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Kyle McAbee <k....@treev.com> on 2004/10/14 01:55:01 UTC

Condition in If Controlleralways evaluates to False ?

Dear JMeter Users,

In JMeter 2.0.1, I cannot get "Condition" field of the If Controller to evaluate as True, even by hard-coding the value. There was a previous message about this issue called "RE: Syntax for Condition in If Controller?" on June 17, 2004. That person succeeded with hard-coding true with no quotes in JMeter 2.0.1.

I have tried these conditions, which appear to fail:

true
'true'
"true"
True
'True'
"True"
TRUE
'TRUE'
"TRUE"

In a test plan with the following structure, JMeter executes HTTP requests 1 and 3. It does not execute HTTP request 2.

Simple Controller
    HTTP Request 1
    If Controller
        HTTP Request 2
    HTTP Request 3

Does anyone have a suggestion about how to approach this? If I can get the If Controller to execute HTTP Request 2, then I will go on to try to write a real condition for it to evaluate.

Sincerely yours,

Kyle

Re: Condition in If Controlleralways evaluates to False ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:55:01 -0400, Kyle McAbee <k....@treev.com> wrote:
> Dear JMeter Users,
>
> In JMeter 2.0.1, I cannot get "Condition" field of the If Controller to evaluate as True, even by hard-coding the value. There was a previous message about this issue called "RE: Syntax for Condition in If Controller?" on June 17, 2004. That person succeeded with hard-coding true with no quotes in JMeter 2.0.1.
>
> I have tried these conditions, which appear to fail:
>
> true
> 'true'
> "true"
> True
> 'True'
> "True"
> TRUE
> 'TRUE'
> "TRUE"
>
> In a test plan with the following structure, JMeter executes HTTP requests 1 and 3. It does not execute HTTP request 2.
>
> Simple Controller
>     HTTP Request 1
>     If Controller
>         HTTP Request 2
>     HTTP Request 3

Works for me (admittedly using Java Test samplers instead of HTTP)

> Does anyone have a suggestion about how to approach this? If I can get the If Controller to execute HTTP Request 2, then I will go on to try to write a real condition for it to evaluate.

Have you checked the jmeter log file?