Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Nachbaur <MN...@rei.com> on 2000/09/05 19:27:23 UTC

XSP inside XSL

YABHQ (Yet Another Bone-Headed Question).  This is probably in a FAQ, but I just can't find it.

I'm trying to add a tiny bit of XSP into my XSL stylesheet, and I'm having lots of problems.  What I'm trying to do, is provide a link at the bottom of all the pages processed by the stylesheet 'simple_page-html.xsl' to point to the 'view-source.xml' file provided by Cocoon (in the examples).  However, I need to get the name of the current file thats being processed to stick in there.  I don't want to add XSP to all my XML files, and the methods shown in the examples seem like major hacks.

Any suggestions?

--man
Michael A. Nachbaur (KE6WIA)
mike(at)nachbaur(dot)com
http://www.nachbaur.com
"America does four things better than any other country in the world: rock music, movies, software and high-speed pizza delivery."  -- Neal Stephenson

Re: XSP inside XSL

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Michael Nachbaur wrote:

> YABHQ (Yet Another Bone-Headed Question).  This is probably in a FAQ,
> but I just can't find it.
>
> I'm trying to add a tiny bit of XSP into my XSL stylesheet, and I'm
> having lots of problems.  What I'm trying to do, is provide a link at
> the bottom of all the pages processed by the stylesheet
> 'simple_page-html.xsl' to point to the 'view-source.xml' file provided
> by Cocoon (in the examples).  However, I need to get the name of the
> current file thats being processed to stick in there.  I don't want to
> add XSP to all my XML files, and the methods shown in the examples
> seem like major hacks.

you can't add XSP to your XSL stylesheets. if you don't want to add XSP to
all of your XML files, you might want to run them all through an XSP
logicsheet instead. that way you can add XSP to all of your pages without
having to actually include the code in all of them - just process PI and a
namespace declaration or a logicsheet PI.

- donald