Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jason Novotny <JD...@lbl.gov> on 2001/09/19 02:14:59 UTC

soap and JES

Hi,

    I've been looking briefly at the the Java Embedded Server (JES) as a
possible lightweight alternative to Tomcat/Apache for deploying web
services and am wondering if anyone has had any experience getting the
Apache soap examples or rpc router servlet working with JES.

    Thanks, Jason

--
Jason Novotny               jdnovotny@lbl.gov
Home: (510) 610-8360        Work: (510) 486-8662

RE: soap and JES

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
I don't think that JES provides a servlet engine, so you'd have to add one.
JES was designed to allow you to more easily deploy embedded applications
into a device. JES wasn't designed to work like what most people think of as
an application se3rver. It doesn't provide support for multi-users, session
management, etc. The core system doesn't include an HTTP server, although
you can add one easily enough.

Anne Thomas Manes
CTO, Idoox

RE: soap and JES