Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jürgen Liesche <jl...@web.de> on 2005/05/27 12:59:55 UTC

2 parallel requests from one user

Hi all,

we have a struts action which runs in some cases very long (> 1min). In this case, a firewall between client and server cuts the connection due to inactivity. To avoid this timeout, we execute the core action in a thread, while the wrapper action polls the result of the action thread. If the result (the forward object) comes in time everything is ok and we forward to the next page. If the action takes too much time we forward to a refresh page, just before the firewall timeout will be activated. This refresh page calls the wrapper action again, and polls for a result of the core action thread until it is available. The problem is, that the core action uses the request and response objects. But these objects will be invalid, if the refresh page calls the wrapper action again and therefore the core action pukes.
We use struts 1.1 and tomcat 4.1.x
Does anybody have an idea, how to solve these problem?
Thanks in advance for help.