Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gerard Klijs <ge...@dizzit.com> on 2015/11/28 11:02:41 UTC

500 ms delay using new consumer and schema registry.

Hi all,
I'm running all little test, with both zookeeper, Kafka and the schema
registry running locally. Using the new consumer, and the 2.0.0-snapshot
version of the registry, which has an decoder giving back instances of the
schema object.

It's all working fine, but I see a consistent delay maximum around 500 ms.
I'm just wondering if anyone knows what might be the cause. The delay is
from creating the record, to receiving the object.

For who wants to try the same thing, I ran into some problems until I
created the java from a schema using avro, instead of using avro to
generate schema from a class. Thus could just have been caused by the
default constructor not being available in the java class I used.