Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Abhi Basu <90...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/17 19:18:45 UTC

Zeppelin 0.56 binaries

Will the binaries work right out of the box with CDH 5.5 and Spark 1.5.0 on
YARN? Or, do I need to build from source as this describes:
https://zeppelin.incubator.apache.org/docs/0.5.5-incubating/install/yarn_install.html
?

Thanks,

Abhi

--
Abhi Basu

Re: Zeppelin 0.56 binaries

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.
If it is running you should be able to see it on he YARN service Application tab in Cloudera Manager. It should also be on Yarn history server page as well.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 2:37 PM -0800, "moon soo Lee" <mo...@apache.org> wrote:

'zeppelin-root-cdh-lsedge.local.com.out' file looks like have your Spark
logs. And if your ResourceManager shows Zeppelin in RUNNING application
section after you start Zeppelin and run some code using SparkInterpreter,
you can sure Zeppelin is working on Spark and Yarn.

I don't have any better idea to verify the configuration. If someone have
any other idea please share.

Maybe print hostnames where your code runs?

%spark
import sys.process._
sc.parallelize(1 to 10).map(i=> (("hostname" !!).replaceAll("\n", ""),
1)).reduceByKey(_ + _).collect

Thanks,
moon

Re: Zeppelin 0.56 binaries