Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/05/04 01:47:55 UTC

TcpTunnelGui as a Commons project?

FYI.

- Sam Ruby

---------------------- Forwarded by Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM on 05/03/2001
07:47 PM ---------------------------

Mark Womack <mw...@bevocal.com> on 05/03/2001 04:26:44 PM

Please respond to jakarta-commons@jakarta.apache.org

To:   "'jakarta-commons@jakarta.apache.org'"
      <ja...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  TcpTunnelGui as a Commons project?

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the TcpTunnelGui class available
from the Apache SOAP project, but I have found it to be extremely useful
while developing http based projects.  I have made some useful
modifications
to the original TcpTunnelGui class, and would like to give the changes back
to the Apache/Jakarta community.  Someone on the SOAP mailing list pointed
me to Commons, and after reading the various items on the web site, I think
TcpTunnelGui might be a good candidate as a Common's project.  It is a very
useful tool, even outside of the SOAP realm.

How should I go about making a proposal and/or posting the source to the
sandbox for evaluation?

Thanks,
-Mark

versions of soap workling with versions of xerces

Posted by Matt Bowersox <mb...@rochester.rr.com>.
Could someone perovide a synopsis or pointers to the threads on the list
that describe which versions of soap work with which versions of xerces or
other parsers. I am trying to integrate soap with the atg dynamo app server
by modifying the router servlet to use atg's bean/servlet initialisation
mechanisms as opposed to standard j2ee deployment. I am having some xml
problems and would like to rule out the parser. I  using a nightly build
verion 1_3_0 of xerces.

thank you,

Matt Bowersox