Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chad Woolley <li...@thewoolleyweb.com> on 2003/12/03 23:20:31 UTC

No hrefs getting included from navigation.xml

Hi,

My site:generate goal no longer puts the href in for the links, the
generated href is blank.

In navigation.xml, this:

<menu name="General Information">
     <item name="Overview" href="index.html"/>
     <item name="News" href="news.html"/>
</menu>

...generates this:

   <small>
   </small>
   <small>
   </small>

Can anyone help with this?  How can I debug it?  I deployed before I
noticed and now my site is hosed :0

I just noticed this problem after I upgraded to 1.0 RC 1 (not sure if
the new release is the problem).

Thanks,
Chad

Re: No hrefs getting included from navigation.xml

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
While the plugin shouldn't be producing empty hrefs, the leading slash
is mandatory.   Without a leading slash, xdoc will create relative links
rather than an absolute link to the root of  the documentation structure.

As usual, this can't be changed as there is existing documentation
relying on this behaviour (you've probably discovered an "edge" case for
the logic)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 17:20, Chad Woolley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My site:generate goal no longer puts the href in for the links, the
> generated href is blank.
>
> In navigation.xml, this:
>
> <menu name="General Information">
>      <item name="Overview" href="index.html"/>
>      <item name="News" href="news.html"/>
> </menu>
>
> ...generates this:

>    <small>
>    </small>
>    <small>
>    </small>
>

> Can anyone help with this?  How can I debug it?  I deployed before I
> noticed and now my site is hosed :0

Try following the same pattern we use:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/xdocs/navigation.xml?rev=1.33&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

And register an issue in JIRA here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10355

The plugin should be smart enough to work without the leading slash.

> I just noticed this problem after I upgraded to 1.0 RC 1 (not sure if
> the new release is the problem).
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

jvz.