Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Simone Badoer <si...@lnl.infn.it> on 2000/12/07 11:41:40 UTC

To send documents

Hello.

Literal XML Encoding allows me to send XML elements (DOM
org.w3c.dom.Element objects)as parameters: can I send an entire XML
document (org.w3c.dom.Document object)?

About xerces: when I parse a XML file, and then I modify the DOM Tree,
how can I save my changes in a new XML file?

RE: To send documents

Posted by Jean-Louis Vila <jl...@cosmosbay.com>.
Hi,

> Literal XML Encoding allows me to send XML elements (DOM
> org.w3c.dom.Element objects)as parameters: can I send an entire XML
> document (org.w3c.dom.Document object)?

In fact I don't know, but you can serialize Element, so if you have a
Document you can send Document.getDocumentElement() wich return
the root Element ...

> About xerces: when I parse a XML file, and then I modify the DOM Tree,
> how can I save my changes in a new XML file?

You have to serialize it in your new file .

Hope that help
Jean-Louis Vila

RE: To send documents

Posted by Jean-Louis Vila <jl...@cosmosbay.com>.