Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com> on 2002/08/14 20:19:49 UTC

Survey: setting features and parsing

In order to drive our optimization work on the parser in the right
direction I would like to know what people most usually do: set a bunch
of features and perform several parses as is, or typically change the
features between two parses.

Thank you,
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto

Re: Survey: setting features and parsing

Posted by Fabio Riccardi <fa...@xqrl.com>.
set the features once and never change them again.

  - Fabio

Posted by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com>.
In our code I've seen both. Changing features is sometimes done for no
reason (the same features are being set again and again - unnecessary but
harmless) and sometimes because there are really different parsing
requirements.

Alex

RE: Help in Validation with schema

Posted by Tom Wang <to...@panscopic.com>.
Ragu,

You'll need to build the full path(a.b.c) yourself.  Say if you're using a
SAX parser, you can keep track of the current full path in your
ContentHandler.

Tom Wang
Panscopic Corporation
Report All That You Can Report
http://www.panscopic.com/

Posted by Maitreyee Pasad <pa...@gst.com>.
Maintain a stack of elements as you navigate them. This will work whether you use a DOM Parser or a stack parser, the code to
maintain the stack will differ though.

Maitreyee

Posted by Tom Wang <to...@panscopic.com>.
Same here ...