Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/02 08:05:27 UTC

IP Clearance Process for Incubating projects

Hi, community.

As a PPMC member of Apache Weex, I found some useful tools developed outside ASF code repo, and I’d like to make those tools donated to Weex PPMC.

Is there any necessary to go through the standard IP clearance process considering the fact that Weex is currently in Apache Incubator? We found projects still in incubating might not need to do that[1].

If that’s true, then how shall we continue donation process without the IP clearance process?

[1] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201906.mbox/%3C1721C66C-7C49-4EED-B036-9DBDB04539BA%40gmail.com%3E <https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201906.mbox/%3C1721C66C-7C49-4EED-B036-9DBDB04539BA@gmail.com%3E>

Best Regards,
York Shen

申远

Re: IP Clearance Process for Incubating projects

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, that’s clear enough for me.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: IP Clearance Process for Incubating projects

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I think I shall get the ICLAs/SGA signed by the code owner and send the result to dev@weex.apache.org <ma...@weex.apache.org> , then I am confused about what to do next.

Just to be clear the ICLAs need to be be from all the contributors, not just one person.

> I have also read the mentor-guide[2] ,

This is a new documenting and incomplete and draft, I’ve been trying to get existing experienced mentors to contribute to it, so we can help other mentors and podlings in what to do in situations like this.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: IP Clearance Process for Incubating projects

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
This is not done yet.

The code owner of a third-party tool [1] is willing to give the donation to ASF, and I’m happy to receive the donation.

I think I shall get the ICLAs/SGA signed by the code owner and send the result to dev@weex.apache.org <ma...@weex.apache.org> , then I am confused about what to do next.

I have also read the mentor-guide[2] , and the section about "Having trouble getting software transferred to ASF."  is blank now. A brief introduction about how to continue the donation is really appreciated, and I am happy to fill out the donation section in mentor-guide after donation is done if my experience is needed.

[1] https://github.com/weexteam/weex-loader <https://github.com/weexteam/weex-loader>
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Mentor+FAQ#suggested-action <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Mentor+FAQ#suggested-action>

Best Regards,
York Shen

申远

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your quick reply. I’m still a little confused about what I should do next.

Best Regards,
York Shen

申远

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.