Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Samay <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2006/09/26 12:54:44 UTC

Problems with GSSAPI auth between neon / SVN with large repositories (> 5 minutes activity)

in reference to original message posted on 20-Jul-2005 @
http://mailman.webdav.org/pipermail/neon/2006-June/002244.html

We encountered this same symptom/problem. The server is apache with
mod_auth_kerb, reply cache turned off. All clocks are sync'd. However, TSVN
requests just die after 5 minutes of activity. Error message in apache log
is "gss_accept_sec_context() failed: Miscellaneous failure (Unknown code
krb5 37)"It seems its due to neon is sending the original auth credentials
as suggested by original poster.Behaviour is same for both TortoiseSVN 1.4.0
and svn 1.3.5 win32. Typically fails after 320 to 370 seconds after initial
request. Cannot test with SVN 1.4.x as it doesnt work with GSSAPI + HTTPS
repos as already covered under an existing thread.any
help/suggestions?regardsSJ

8 steps to get Authorization Error

Posted by "Altug B. Altintas" <al...@kututeknoloji.com>.
Hi to everyone

Server : Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standart x64 Edition
Svn version : 1.4.0

My problem is about Authorization; i am getting "Authorization failed"
message;
here are my steps.

1 - I created a directory
 > mkdir  c:\codeDepot

2 -  I created a repository
 > svnadmin create c:\codeDepot

3 - I adjusted default permissions
**svnserve.conf**
[general]
anon-access = read
auth-access = write
password-db = passwd
authz-db = authz
realm = My First Repository

**passwd**
[users]
harry = harryssecret
sally = sallyssecret

**authz**
[groups]
# harry_and_sally = harry,sally

# [/foo/bar]
# harry = rw
# * =

# [repository:/baz/fuz]
# @harry_and_sally = rw
# * = r

4 - I started svnserve.exe
 > svnserve -d -r c:\codeDepot

5 - I tried to import my source codes
 > svn import C:\Development\Project\  svn://localhost  -m "Initial import"

6 - First it asked me Administrator password, i entered it (i don't
understand why it asked me Administrator password )
 >Authentication realm: <svn://localhost:3690> My First Repository
 > Password for 'Administrator': *********

7 - Second, it asked me username and password
 >Username: harry
 >Password for 'harry': ************

8 - Result is Authorization failed, i am sure that i entered right password
 > svn: Authorization failed

Any idea ? What is wrong;

Thanks.
Regards.