Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by Jiajie Zhong <zh...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/19 08:58:23 UTC

[DISCUSS]Create user mailing list

Hello everyone,

I propose we dolphinscheduler create a user mail list for our users.

The dev mailing list is mainly used by project developers to discuss
community development-related work, such as feature design, releases,
etc.

The user mailing list is mainly used by users of open-source software
to give feedback, seek help, and discuss and exchange ideas.

Effective user feedback helps us to plan the development of the
release and promote the project better.

The history of the mail precipitation also provides convenience for
subsequent users.

At the same time, we can also communicate with users better in the
user list, including and not limited to user sharing, communication,
parties, and so on.

But for users, they don't care about what happens to the dev.

They prefer to get help from the user mailing list rather than the dev.
I had noticed some of the other projects also have the user mail list.

So I want to create a user mailing list, what do you think?

--
Best Wish
— Jiajie

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Best wishes!
CalvinKirs

Posted by Jiajie Zhong <zh...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Eric,

But the unsubscribe required sending to the mail list is not related to user or
dev list, mainly because subscribers do not know the usage of mail list, and
do not expect mail list will have so many emails (although I think our community do not have much)

Fortunately, we find the way to unsubscribe they by ourselves in the magic
moderation helper https://whimsy.apache.org/committers/moderationhelper <https://whimsy.apache.org/committers/moderationhelper>
website. At this time, when someone sends unsubscribe required in mail list
I will remove them in moderation helper

Posted by Chufeng Gao <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by yann ann <xi...@gmail.com>.
Big +1