Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Gal Hen <ga...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/14 16:54:34 UTC

Does Jetspeed can make my dream come true ?

Hi i have just got involved with the Jetspeed project,
and i am thinking of converting my project to JetSpeed.

but i have few questions -
I would like to override the default "JetspeedJspLayout.class" ( i can do it
at "TurbineResources.properties" ), that will call left.jsp with parameters
acording to the current logged-in user and display several links that each
link will be leading to a new set of portlets page without needing to logged
in again ( by the way the number of portlets is not constant, and each
portlet have dynamic parameters ). can i do it by override
JetspeedJspLayout.class and using portletset.class or portletfactory.class.
and maybe (Jlogin.class)
is that all possible ? is my thinking ok ?

Re: Does Jetspeed can make my dream come true ?

Posted by carlos beltran <cb...@aitek.it>.
Well...
I dont know if I have understood exactly what you mean. It seems that you want
to have a group of links in your "left.jsp" so when the user click on one of
them is redirected to another "screen" with a diferente group of portlet...
If it is this the case, I would create diferent versions of the Home screen (
.../screens/Home.java ) in a way that the access different PSML files that I
have precreated.... after that, you can "associate" this screens with each of
the links that you will have in your left.jsp.
In another way I think you could modify JetspeedJspLayout or modify the left.jsp
to recover information about the user from the runtime objetc ( that can be
obtained inside the jsp )....

I hope I have answered a little some of your questions...... not sure...

Carlos.