Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tod Thomas <to...@verizon.net> on 2002/09/13 00:14:23 UTC

Tomcat, Apache, XML, XSLT, Taglibs, C, LDAP, Kitchen sink...

I'm sorry but what I'm trying to do is using all of these and I didn't know what the best list to post would be and didn't want to cross post...

I have a small C program running on Apache (Solaris machine) executing a search against LDAP and returning the results as XML.  I'm doing this like:

printf("Content-type:  text/xml\n\n");
XML statements
.
.

I know the XML is well formed as I have redirected the program's output to a file, removed the Content-type header, and used Xalan from the command line to transform it into HTML successfully.  I can also see the XML (not transformed) using Mozilla going against the apache server (doing a view source).

I have the latest and greatest release build of Tomcat installed on another machine, along with the latest release version of the XTags tag library, using the style tag.  A sample .jsp I wrote to test the taglib installation works with the same static XML/XSL combination I used from the Xalan command line test above.  So far so good.

Now, what I want to do is change the <xtags:style xml=..>  tag to point to the apache server search URL instead of the static XML from above, and let the streamed XML be transformed via the taglib.  This is not working.

My question is, should I be able to do this or am I missing a concept somewhere?  The XML generated by the C program follows the latest Oasis DSML standards.  I didn't want to post examples yet since I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I will if this is the place to be.

Thanks for any input.

Tod

Re: Tomcat, Apache, XML, XSLT, Taglibs, C, LDAP, Kitchen sink...

Posted by Tod Thomas <to...@verizon.net>.
Got it to work with a small perl program at home.  Apparently the version of Tomcat I have on my sun box at work are not as up to date as I had thought since I'm using the same XTags files, and Apache build.
User spaz.

Posted by Tod Thomas <to...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
Tod,

[...]