Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Chris Millar <ch...@millr.org> on 2017/10/23 17:14:57 UTC

Contribute Slick?

At AdaptTo, I had a few conversations about contributing Slick [0] to
Apache Sling. Is this something the community is interested in? If so, I'd
like to start that process. Whether it be part of a contrib project or a
sample project.

There would be things I would like to clean up before hand. Some
auto-generated try / catches, add unit tests, and get the Sling 9 version
thoroughly tested are just a few.

If you have thoughts on this, please share them.

Thanks!
Chris

[0] https://github.com/auniverseaway/slick-2

Re: Contribute Slick?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Nicolas Peltier
<pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could we have hosting as well? (dreaming out loud)..

I don't think we can offer hosting to third parties, but we can have a
VM to run our own instance as a demo, if someone volunteers to
maintain that.

Big +1 on accepting a Slick Contribution.

-Bertrand

Re: Contribute Slick?

Posted by Dominik Süß <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

we "could" have Azure quickstart Templates or similar that make it pretty
easy to roll out a predefined sling enviroment (see
https://github.com/Azure/azure-quickstart-templates for tons of existing
examples).

Cheers
Dominik