Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Schneider <Da...@tecfa.unige.ch> on 2000/10/06 22:52:36 UTC

Solaris8+Apache1.3.12+Tomcat3.2+mod_jk - quick dirty howto

It can be done if you have enough reading skills (I am a bad sysadmin and programmer
and got all hints from mailing lists ...

Since doc is a bit rare about this, I put my install notes on the web
(better than almost nothing I think).

http://tecfa.unige.ch/guides/xml/cocoon/install-notes-18.html

They are dirty and uncomplete without doubt. But I just finished writing
down what I remembered and want to go home for the weekend. I suffered
quite a bit with this installation :)

Will fix them up in a week or so, before I likely will not have time.
Of course, some feedback is welcome.

- Daniel

PS: I don't have a solution for the tomcat can't find public_html's
and other aliases ... I just know how to tell tomcat to deal with
all "regularly" xml files in some regular apache tree (just 1 webapp)

--
Dr Daniel K.Schneider, TECFA (Educational Technologies and Learning)
Faculte de Psychologie et des Sciences de l'Education, University of Geneva,

TECFA - FPSE - Université de Genève
40, Bd. du Pont d'Arve, 1205 Genève
Tel: 41 22 705 9377 - Fax: 41 22 705 9379 - Office#: 6359